Tuesday, January 1, 2013

P52: Week 1/52 - New Year Inspiration

Chicago, October 2012

One of the privilages of photography has been that it has led me to see the world through different eyes.  There's a magic in the unintentional patterns and texture in nature.... in capturing an unscripted moment of children at play or rest.... the wonder in all that feels so fresh and new, like you are discovering the world for the first time... everytime.

I have the privilage of joining 7 other photographers in a special project for 2013 as we examine and explore different themes each week.  This first week, the theme is "Inspiration" and I chose an image from my trip back to my adopted hometown of Chicago in October.  A city that I had lived in for 10 years, after this long absence felt so new and so exciting.  These balloons around the city with inspirational phrases perfectly captured the feeling.  Photography does this for me every day, the familiar becomes magical at times, with just the change of the light. 

Hoping that this year brings inspiration to you in all things...

Marina

**Next up in the circle of photographers is Lanie Coulter. Lanie is a natural light photographer that specializes in newborn, family, senior and wedding photography in the Chattanooga and North Georgia area. 



No comments: