Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Craftin' She Will Go!

Something has come over me the past few days... it feels like I've been infused with some crazy creative energy! It started when I started mapping out what I wanted to do for Matteo's 4th birthday at the end of August. There are so many projects that I want to do BUT I had the major problem of my crafting area being in total shambles. I have my sewing machine set up in a corner of the pantry/laundry room and the area had been taken over with the boys art projects gone awry (anyone need cardboard with random fabric glued on?), laundry baskets of clothes in need of repair or folding, toys that were out of circulation... it was just awful. So I spent Friday night (until 1AM!) cleaning out the area and digging the sewing machine out from under all the clutter. This is what emerged...

... sigh, I can breathe now :) ...

The curtains to the left hide the storage shelves for my crafting supplies

Fiona the Fairy Goddess watches over me and directs me away from acrylic yarn and polyester fabric ;} ...

I haven't done any sewing for awhile, so I wanted to start with something easy to get back into the groove of it. I dug through my fabric scrap stash and found enough pieces to do a fabric bunting.
I also am planning on making Matteo a birthday crown and am anxiously awaiting trim and buttons from Etsy to arrive! There are a few more things that I'm cautiously optimistic that I can get done in time that I'll share as I go along. Hopefully the creative mojo will stay with me and that the crafting gods will smile favorably upon my efforts!



5 comments:

FrontierDreams said...

wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!! i can't wait!! i, too, have had this crafting bug lately. i really,really want to sew but need to finish up that knitting first. i don't know why but i'm obsessed with working in christmas presents right now *crazy* i
m hoping to have a crafting corner in our next house. right now i have a seat at the kitchen table which doens't really inspire. especially when i have to drag my mahcine and craft items out from the upstairs closte every time i want to do something. blah!

anyways...

yay! his birthday is near kaulinis!! hers is spetember 19th. i don't know if i will get to making anything for hers this year though :( darn move.
rambling now... i can't wait to see updates <3

alisha said...

Sounds like fun!! Enjoy your crafting bug!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! How exciting!! Your craft area is awesome. :-) Luck Matteo that his mama has/knows how to use a sewing machine!! Have some photos for your. Will send them soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Good on you! I cleaned up my craft room last week, so I know that glorious feeling of everything being clean and organized!

Liz said...

wow, Marina. You and Nicola really are kindred souls. Check out her blog: http://whichname.blogspot.com/ and you'll see the beautiful crown and cape she made for Julia on her birthday! You have such a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing! Park playdate is in the works!